Tuesday, October 12, 2010

PE1_Adobe Flash CS5 Happy Halloween

A Little Halloween Cheer with Adobe Flash CS5

I thought I would acquaint myself with the creative tool Flash. When I opened the program for the first time, I was amazed at how many features are associated with Adobe Flash CS5.

With Flash the user can design animated graphics, or embed short movies for web design. It has been awhile, but I have prior experience with Fireworks, and Dreamweaver, but when I opened Flash, the many tools immediately took me by surprised.



I thought I would try to figure this application on my own, and selected animation. Looking through the selections, I chose Random Ease Candle because it looked fun to try.  I basically got nowhere. So, I tried again with another animated option, this time I went with Animated Mask Motion Tween, it looked really cool, but once again, I was instantly confused.



Fortunately, Lynda.com came in handy. Even though it took me a couple of hours to stop and start chapter one, I was able to create a basic graphic. I followed the very helpful tutorial, but tweaked the presenter’s instructions to spread a little Halloween cheer.

In these tutorials, I created my Halloween animation with an ActionScript 3 file. I started by adjusting the workspace and changed the window to classic. My properties, and library panels are on the right side, and my tools are located on the left side. I resized my document and changed my pixels with the dimensions and selected my background color to green. I learned to move my workspace around by holding down my space bar and drag the item to a specified location. I also saved my file to a .fla file.

After I set up my stage, I created my first graphic. I named my first layer rectangle and changed the stroke color to red and fill color to black. I added another layer for an orange colored button, and included the Happy Halloween text in black, and October 31, 2010 in orange. Overall, I was happy with my little Happy Halloween graphic. I am excited to use Adobe Flash CS5 in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment