Monday, October 18, 2010

PE_4 Google Drawing- Beautiful Autumn Day


Practical Experience – Google Drawing

A Beautiful Autumn Day

Before I started my Full Sail journey, I had little experience with Google Docs. Other then designing my survey for the Training and Motivational Development course, my brief Google Docs encounter included a group project utilizing the document tool.  I wanted to become familiar with Google Drawing.  

Since my previous Practical Experience was about Halloween, I thought I would stay with the same theme.  Here are the steps I took to completing my Practical Experience 4 Autumn/Fall graphic.  With these tools, I:

  • ·      added a Large square with the shape tool.
  • ·      adjusted the square to provide a background effect.
  • ·      used the curve tool to draw a road. I realized that I needed to only click once to make the road curve, as well as quit using the tool.
  • ·      created a pebble path with shape Flowchart: Connector, circle.
  • ·      added a 3D box for house by using shape tool.  Clicked on the 3D box, then the green dot, and moved the box to slant against the pebble path. 
  • ·      used the Line tool to add a 3D roof.  (That was tricky to line up.)
  • ·      included windows with the shape tool.  To make them as even, I drew them on top of each other then moved them to the specific location.  Clicked on the window, then the green dot, and slanted the windows to fit the house.
  • ·      using the line tool, I added a door.
  • ·      added steps with the shape tool.  This was difficult, since the house was not straight, or the door. 


What has helped me adapt to Google Docs is the layout is similar to Microsoft Word.  Google Drawing is easily assessable to maneuver. 



No comments:

Post a Comment